Tuesday 20 November 2012

Reflection on Finishing Masters in Education (Teacher Librarianship)

It was with great relief that I learned of my final marks and that I had successfully completed the last two subjects in my Master of Education in Teacher Librarianship.

It had been a struggle as I found a number of the subjects introducing me to completely new material and I had to learn new technology skills.  These were a challenge in themselves and writing to a recipe was a further challenge.

Fortunately, I have been able to find a really good library in which to volunteer one day a week in order to help me get some experience in a library. I am learning how to weed rigorously according to the particular needs of the users and to make decisions regarding cataloguing of resources.  I am also being given responsibility to create fiction lists for History subject teachers while learning how the circulation process operates using Amlib.

The librarians are incredibly patient and generous in teaching me how their library operates and allowing me to gain invaluable experience which is mutually beneficial.  I quite enjoy shelving as well.

I am loving being a Teacher Librarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment